ExhibitionsThe Japan Contemporary Quilt Association (JCQA) holds our regular exhibition every two years to show our new quilts.
- The 7th Exhibitions: January 24 - 29, 2019, Shinjuku, Hiltopia Art Square
- The 6th Exhibitions: January 19 - 24, 2017, Shinjuku, Hiltopia Art Square
- The 5th Exhibitions: January 22 - 27, 2015, Shinjuku, Hiltopia Art Square
- The 4th Exhibitions: January 24 - 29, 2013, Shinjuku, Hiltopia Art Square
- The 3rd Exhibitions: January 27 - February 1, 2011, Ginza, Matsuzakaya Department Store (the 5th floor Cattleya salon)
- The 2nd Exhibitions: January 20- 25, 2009, Ginza, Tokyo Central Museum of Art
JCQA was introduced in the French quilt association newsletter, Les Nouvelles
- The 1st Exhibitions January 21-28, 2007, Ginza, Tokyo Century Museum of Art
- JCQA Regional Exhibitions in Kanazawa, 2015
- China Fashion Color Association China· Hangzhou · Shaoxing, 2015 organized by Zhejiang Quilt Association
- JCQA Regional Exhibitions in Kyoto 2014
- China Fashion Color Association China· Hangzhou· Shaoxing, (October 23-28, 2014) organized by Zhejiang Quilt Association
- Exhibit of round robin quilts made by 60 quilters from Japan, Korea and Taiwan The 8th Seoul International Quilt Festival Seoul COEX, (December 1-3, 2013)
- 2010 Quilt Show in Hiroshima -Modern Quilt & Japanese Quilt Festival, (March 11-16, 2010)
- Started round robin quilt project by 60 contemporary quilters from Japan, Korea and Taiwan (starting from June 2012)
- Quilt Exhibitions for an Enjoyable Life (April 25-30, 2012, Kamiooka, Keikyu Department Store)
- JCQA Raffle Quilt (May1 – June 30, 2011)
Published in Patchwork Tsushin, October 2013 issue / No. 176 / P 74
Published in Les Nouvelles, March 2010 issue / No 104 / P 46 - 48
French quilter, Madame Colette Virot visited our exhibition and then introduced JCQA in a newsletter of the French Quilt Association, France Patchwork.
Right (P48) Top: Yasuko Saito, Bottom: Reiko Saito
Introduced in Asahi Shimbun, published January 27, 2007
November 21-25, 2015
October 16-20, 2015
Venue: China (Keqiao) International Exhibitions Center of China
Our works which were exhibited in the 5th JCQA Exhibitions are shown in the China Fashion Color Association’s exhibition in October 2015
Quilt Exhibitions for an Enjoyable Life, Kamiooka, Kanagawa, Keikyu Department Store, April 25-30, 2012
We participated in this exhibition because of the introduction of JCQA member, Maeda from Hokkaido. The venue was small with limited space, so our group only exhibited 10 pieces along with other groups’ work. We selected 10 quilts from JCQA executive members.
The names of artists who exhibited:
Takako Ishinami, Katsumi Ishinami, Yasuko Saito, Akiko Suzuki, Yoshiko Takagi Keiko Toyoda, Yumiko Mandai, Keiko Maeda, Asako Maeda and Miwako Mogami
The Japan Contemporary Quilt Association (JCQA) organized raffle quilts by members of the group in order to support the victims of the Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake
Raffle quilt means people purchase a raffle ticket for the purpose of donation and the winners chosen by a drawing receive the donated quilts.
In order to help people suffering from unpreventable natural disasters our members donated quilts, as something they could do to help.
Thank you very much for those who supported JCQA Raffle Quilt activities and purchased raffle tickets. We also appreciate JCQA members who provided quilts for this activity.
Thanks to all who purchased raffle tickets; we sold 320 tickets, and received 320,000yen. This money was donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society on Monday, July 4 as a donation to the disaster area. We drew the names of the winners of the quilts on July 11. The quilts were sent from the artists to the winners during July.